– £45 per hour
– Rate per hour reduces for 1) work covering half a day or more or 2) regular work.
– Including: travel across Bristol, insurance, training the teachers on site, equipment during sessions;
– Including: some equipment available for loan, print outs for the children or staff.
– White trays, quality magnifying glasses, pond nets
– Binoculars, compact cameras and one digital SLR with various lenses
– Insect breeding cages and a pop-up butterfly house for 6 children + butterflies.
– Aquaria (not always available due to high demand)
– USB Microscope + laptop
– Camera trap
– Digital projector
Outdoor Learning Equipment
£5 = 1 x old style sink to make a mini pond. Second hand
- This can be made totally safe but placing rocks in it so wildlife can swim around the rocks but the open water is only 10cm deep.
£5 = 1 x glass aquarium. Second hand
- Glass tanks are bigger than plastic ones and a bigger body of water is easier to keep aerated.
£8 = 1 x bug hotel kit, with all parts ready to go, and put in school grounds (long term)
- These are different to the bug hotels the children built as they are for masonry bees which like to nest again sunny walls, so they are easy for the children to monitor.
- They are bumble fee family and have no sting.
£8 = 1 x bird box kit , with all parts ready to go, and put in school grounds (long term)
- including the natural preservative paint, free of charge.
- I will donate one of these for free – but it is already put together and it would be good to make more with the children.
£11.50 = 1 x live caterpillar kit
- bunch of them in a jar with food etc
- guarantees their survival even bouncing around the classroom (better success rate that borrowing from the wild).
- I have all the cages we need to handle the adults.
£15.00 = 15 x wooden cookies with painted for learning maths
- numbers 0 – 10 permanently marked on them .
- as well as signs for equals, subtract, multiply and add.
£12.50 = 25 x blank wooden cookies (slices of branch)
- cut so finely they are totally smooth, making it easy to write on them
£12.50 = 25 x small wooden cookies (smaller to hang on string)
- These come with holes in for string.
- cut so finely they are totally smooth, making it easy to write on them.
£150 = 25 x log seats for long term use outside
- roughly 20-30cm tall and 20-35cm diameter.